The 41st International Horn Symposium
Western Illinois University
„A Place to Study: A Place to Play”
June 2-7, 2009
Highlights of the week will include, but not be limited to:
1. Opportunities for participants to study the various aspects of horn playing with Guest Artists and Distinguished Horn Teachers every day.
2. Opportunities for exhibitors to discuss particular topics of horn study and playing every day in refereed panel discussions.
3. Opportunities for each participant to have directed playing experiences every day.
4. Competitions in the categories of Solo Playing (Farkas, Hawkins Scholarships, etc.), Orchestral Playing (Frizelle), Horn Ensembles, and Jazz Solo playing.
5. Clinics on specialized topics of technique, literature, and performance.
6. Presentations by new and rediscovered hornists!
7. Outstanding performances and presentations by Guest Artists and Contributing Artists of Solo and Chamber Music for the Horn.
For more information contact:
Randall E. Faust, Host, 41st International Horn Symposium
School of Music, Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois 61455